Searching for Claims
The search feature on Kialo displays results most “textually similar” to the words searched for.
To search Kialo for a claim:
- Click the search icon located in the top-left of a discussion.
- Enter text to search for.
The following modifiers can be used while searching:
- Searching by author: add author:XYZ to the search text box, replacing XYZ with their Kialo username, to search for claims created by a specific participant in the discussion.
- Filter marked claims: add marked:true to the search text to search for claims which have been marked for review; or marked:false to exclude claims which have been marked for review.
The menus below the search bar allow you to specify what and where to search for:
- The first menu allows you to pick whether to search claims, comments, or suggested claims.
- The second menu has the option to limit the search in the current discussion, or search all discussions you have access to.
Finding Your Claims
To view all the claims you have contributed in a discussion:
- Click on the three horizontal bars at the top-left of the screen to open the Discussion Menu.
- Select ‘My Claims’.
Claims can be bookmarked to find them again easily. To bookmark a claim:
- Click on the three dots that appear at the top-right-hand of a claim when you hover over it, or right-click on the claim, to open the claim menu.
- Select ‘Bookmark’.
Bookmarked claims are indexed in the ‘My Bookmarks’ tab, which can be found in the Discussion Menu.