It is possible to copy a claim, as well as all claims beneath it, into a separate discussion.
To copy a claim into a separate discussion, use the same technique as moving or linking a regular claim:
- Drag the claim into the Kialo Clipboard in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the new discussion.
- Drag and drop the claim from the Kialo Clipboard either:
- onto an existing claim (on the left-hand side will place it under the claim as a pro, the right-hand side as a con);
- or, to the top of any column of pros or cons to add it to that column.
Note: As all claims beneath the claim are also copied to the new discussion, it is advisable to first review all claims which will be copied either to ensure they are appropriate in the new location or to take note of what extent of changes will be required.
Once a claim has been copied to a new discussion, edits to that claim will not affect the original location. You can therefore make whatever edits, deletions, or restructures are necessary to fit the branch to its new location.