Note: You must have Admin permissions or higher to invite participants to a discussion.
To invite participants to a discussion:
- Click the Share button located in the top-right of a discussion.
- Click Invite.
- In the ‘Invite to this Discussion’ section, click Invite Users.
- In the first field, type the username(s) or email addresses you want to invite, separated by spaces.
- Under ‘Role’, select the participant role you would like to invite the users or teams with.
- Optionally, you can include a message and/or choose to send an email notification to the users you invite.
- Once ready, click Invite.
Note: If a user has disabled email invites, they can only be invited by their username. If you are inviting an email address which is not associated with an existing Kialo Edu account (you can tell if the email isn’t registered if it doesn’t turn into a Kialo Edu username), the invite link will direct the recipient through setting up an account.
Alternatively, you can create a Discussion Access Link that can be shared, which allows users who follow it to access the discussion with a specified role.