About Suggesting Claims
- If you have the Suggester role in a discussion, you are not able to directly create claims. Following the same steps as Creating a Claim will instead suggest a claim, which can be accepted by any discussion Admin.
- Until a suggested claim is accepted, it is only visible to you and discussion Admins.
- Once you’ve suggested a claim, you can create additional suggested claims (both Pros and Cons) under the original suggestion. You can also comment on your suggested claims, for example, if you want to clarify or explain a claim in more detail.
- When responding to your suggested claim, discussion Admins can either accept the suggestion (thereby making it a regular claim) or comment on it for further discussion with you and/or other Admins (for example, to collaboratively fix an issue before accepting it).
- You receive a notification when a discussion Admin accepts or comments on your suggested claims.
Editing Suggested Claims
To edit a suggested claim:
- Click the ‘Edit’ button located underneath the suggested claim.
- Make the appropriate edits to the claim.
- Once finished, click ‘Save’.
Moving Suggested Claims
If you find a better location for your suggested claim after you create it, you can move the claim:
- Click the ‘Move’ button located underneath the suggested claim.
- The suggested claim is copied to your clipboard in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the intended new location in a discussion, and drag-and-drop the claim from the clipboard into the new location.
Archiving/Unarchiving Suggested Claims
If you decide you no longer wish to suggest a claim after you have submitted it, you can archive it by clicking the ‘Archive’ button underneath the suggested claim. Archived claims do not appear on the Suggested Claims list for discussion Admins to review.
Archived suggested claims can be unarchived and restored:
- Click on the three horizontal bars at the top-left of the screen to open the Discussion Menu.
- Select ‘My Suggested Claims’.
- Check the box to ‘Show archived suggestions’.
- Select the appropriate claim, and click ‘Unarchive’.