About Background Info
- To introduce students to the discussion, give instructions for their task, and/or provide key background information, you can write a background info section.
- The background info appears when users first visit a discussion and can be opened at any time by clicking Info / Stats / Topology in the Discussion Menu (also see: Statistics and the Infographic).
Adding, Editing, or Removing Background Info
Note: To modify the background info in a discussion, you must have Admin permissions or higher.
To add, edit, or remove the background info:
- Click the ≡ (three horizontal lines) in the top-left of a discussion.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Background’ section.
- Modify the background info as desired.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.