About Background Info
- To introduce students to the discussion, give instructions for their task, and/or provide key background information, you can write a background info section.
- The background info appears when users first visit a discussion and can be opened at any time by selecting ‘Info / Stats / Topology’ in the Discussion Menu (also see: Statistics and the Infographic).
Adding, Editing, or Removing Background Info
Note: To modify the background info in a discussion, you must have Admin permissions or higher.
To add, edit, or remove the background info:
- Open the Discussion Menu and select ‘Discussion Settings’.
- Navigate to the ‘Background’ section.
- Modify the background info as desired.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Save’.