It is possible to link an entire discussion as a claim in a separate discussion. When you link an entire discussion, only the thesis appears (and not the claims underneath it). The thesis will appear as a hyperlinked claim, and the link will take you to the full discussion that has been linked.
To link a discussion in a separate discussion, use the same technique as moving or linking a regular claim:
- In the discussion to link, drag the thesis into the Kialo Clipboard in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the new discussion.
- Then, drag and drop the claim from the Kialo Clipboard either:
- onto an existing claim (on the left-hand side will place it under the claim as a pro, the right-hand side as a con);
- or, to the top of any column of pros or cons to add it to that column.
Note: Users must have the appropriate permissions to be able to open the linked discussion.
For information on linking only part of a discussion in a separate discussion, see Linking Claims Between Discussions.