About Following Discussions
- You will automatically begin following a discussion if you create or are invited to one.
- When you follow a discussion, it will appear in the ‘Following’ section of the My Kialo Page, providing an easy way to access the discussion. You will also receive notifications for all changes in the discussion.
- You should remain following a discussion while it is active (i.e. you are working on it or may work on it in the future) so that you can easily access it from My Kialo.
- You will receive optional email updates about followed discussions based on your Notification Settings.
Tip: If you can’t find a discussion in My Kialo and need to find it again, you can try:
- Reviewing your recent discussions in My Kialo.
- Searching for it using the search function.
- Asking a colleague or teacher for the discussion URL.
- If you still cannot find it, you should contact the discussion creator for a link to the discussion.
How to Change Discussion Notifications
To change the notifications you receive for a discussion:
- Open the discussion.
- Open the Changes list, if not already open, by clicking the bell icon located in the top-right and then Changes.
- Under Notify in My Kialo, select one of the following options:
- For all changes (Following)
- Only for Mentions
Changes are saved automatically.
Unfollowing a Discussion
To unfollow a discussion entirely:
- In My Kialo, click the three dots (“…”) that appear to the right of the discussion.
- Select Unfollow.