Kialo Edu discussions can be embedded in external websites.
For LMS platforms, we offer step-by-step guides for embedding discussions in popular platforms. A list of platforms embedding Kialo has been tested with can be found in Embedding Kialo in Learning Management Systems.
Note: As discussions on Kialo Edu are private, you should ensure your intended audience has the appropriate permissions to view the discussion. It is easiest to enable a Discussion Access Link to allow everyone viewing the embed to access the discussion with the preselected role. Alternatively, you can manually invite the intended users/team to the discussion to restrict access to those specific users (invited users will need to be signed in to Kialo Edu to view the discussion).
How to Embed a Kialo Discussion
To embed a Kialo Edu discussion:
- Navigate to the discussion you want to embed.
- Click the ‘Share’ button, found in the top-right of the discussion.
- Click ‘Embed Discussion’.
- A popup appears with two snippets of code. Click ‘Copy’ for the first option.
- Paste the code into the relevant part of your website.
If the default code snippet does not work for your website, try again using the second option. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact support.
An example embedded discussion is shown below.