Kialo Edu discussions can be embedded on external websites.
For users to view the discussion, either they need to be signed in to Kialo Edu and invited to the discussion; or Discussion Access Links must be enabled, allowing everyone viewing the embed to access the discussion.
To embed Kialo discussions in LMS platforms, see Embedding Kialo in Learning Management Systems for step-by-step instructions.
Embedding a Kialo Discussion
To embed a Kialo Edu discussion:
- Navigate to the discussion you want to embed.
- Click the ‘Share’ button, found in the top-right of the discussion.
- Click ‘Embed Discussion’.
- A popup appears containing HTML code - click ‘Copy’ to copy it.
- Paste the code into the relevant part of your website.
Alternative Method to Embedding a Kialo Discussion
If the code above does not work for your platform, it is possible that the platform is blocking it from functioning. This varies from platform to platform. In these cases, an alternative code snippet can be used:
- Copy the code snippet below.
<p><iframe src="https://www.kialo-edu.com/example-kialo-debate-0001?embedder&utm_medium=embed" width="100%" height="600px"></iframe><p/>
- Replace the discussion link (shown in purple), with the link of your intended Kialo discussion.
- Paste this code into the relevant part of your website.
If the embed does not function as intended, or you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact support.
An example embedded discussion is shown below.