Kialo Edu discussions can be embedded on external websites.
For users to view the discussion, either they need to be signed in to Kialo Edu and invited to the discussion; or Discussion Access Links must be enabled, allowing everyone viewing the embed to access the discussion.
To embed Kialo discussions in LMS platforms, see Embedding Kialo in Learning Management Systems for step-by-step instructions.
Embedding a Kialo Discussion
To embed a Kialo Edu discussion:
- Navigate to the discussion you want to embed.
- Click the ‘Share’ button, found in the top-right of the discussion.
- Click ‘Embed Discussion’.
- A popup appears containing two snippets of HTML code - click ‘Copy’ to copy the first option.
- Paste the code into the relevant part of your website.
If the default code snippet does not work for your website, repeat the steps, this time copying the second option.
If neither option works for the embed, or you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact support. A list of LMS platforms that Kialo embedding has been tested with can be found in Embedding Kialo in Learning Management Systems.
An example embedded discussion is shown below.