Kialo Edu discussions can be embedded in Brightspace, allowing you to display an interactive discussion in your course. This is useful, as students can view and interact with discussions directly in Brightspace without needing to navigate to Kialo Edu.
- Important Notes Regarding Embedding Kialo Discussions in Brightspace
- Walkthrough: Embedding a Kialo Discussion in Brightspace
Important Notes Regarding Embedding Kialo Discussions in Brightspace
In order to view an embedded Kialo Edu discussion, students must have the usual permissions required to access the discussion. Therefore, students must be logged in and invited to the discussion; or a Discussion Access Link must be enabled to allow all users accessing the Brightspace resource to view the discussion.
To embed a discussion, a snippet of HTML code is edited and pasted into Brightspace. The walkthrough below guides you through the process.
Walkthrough: Embedding a Kialo Discussion in Brightspace
- Navigate to the content you want to embed a Kialo discussion in and open the HTML Editor.
- Click the ‘Insert Stuff’ icon.
- Scroll down and click ‘Enter Embed Code’.
- Copy the code snippet below and paste it into the box.
<p><iframe src="https://www.kialo-edu.com/example-kialo-debate-0001?embedder&utm_medium=embed" width="100%" height="600px"></iframe><p/>
- Replace the discussion link (shown in purple) with the link of your intended Kialo Edu discussion. Once completed, the text box should look similar to the window below (the discussion link used in the example is “https://www.kialo-edu.com/571/”.)
- Click ‘Next’.
- If this is your first time embedding a Kialo Edu discussion, embeds from Kialo Edu must first be approved. Check ‘Always trust this URL’ to whitelist Kialo Edu, then click ‘Allow’.
- Click ‘Insert’.
The discussion now appears embedded in an interactive window in Brightspace.